Donate securely and instantly
Kartemquin Films is a home for independent filmmakers developing documentary as a vehicle to deepen our understanding of society through everyday human drama. As a locally and nationally-recognized media arts organization, and a recipient of the 2007 MacArthur Award, Kartemquin acts as a trusted bridge between communities and the media, cultivates emerging filmmaking voices passionate about social issues and media policy.
When you make a contribution to Kartemquin, you enable us to continue telling the stories of the people whose lives are most directly affected by social and political change and who are often overlooked or misrepresented by the media. Thanks to your crucial support, for over 45 years our films have helped to provoke essential dialogue, both in communities and between the general public and policymakers.
We can’t continue without your support.
Donations of all levels are welcome, and truly appreciated! If you only give rarely or can't today, please think of us next time you visit.
Donate by Check
Please make payable to Kartemquin Educational Films and mail to:
Kartemquin Educational Films
1901 West Wellington Avenue
Chicago, IL 60657-4029
Email Justine Nagan or call 773.472.4366
Other Kinds of Donations
If you’d like to make an in-kind donation, a stock transfer, or name Kartemquin in your will, please contact Justine Nagan at email@example.com
Your support helps us continue our community programs and develop our films. For example:
- $100 KTQ Labs
- Free feedback screenings & consulting for in-progress documentaries.
- $300 KTQ Internship
- Training the next generation of social issue filmmakers.
- $500 KTQ Archive
- Preserve & conserve over 45 years of Chicago and film history.
- $1,000 Diverse Voices in Docs
- Help us mentor emerging filmmakers of color.
- $3,000 Development Fund
- Your seed funding could help launch our next film.
- $5,000 KTQ in the Classroom
- Provide resources to inspire youth activism & creativity.
Help us change how people view youth homelessness
Get advice on crowdfunding and interactive storytelling from KTQ filmmakers and staff
The Homestretch Nears the Finish Line
Life Itself crowdfunding campaign is "game-changing for the entire film industry"
Read an essential Oral History of Hoop Dreams
We can use stuff too!
- Computers or laptops (2012 or newer)
- Printer Paper (bulk)
- Bulk padded mailers
- Printing services
- Construction work (painting, wiring, refinishing, etc)
- Cases of wine (for our end of the year party)
- Catering services (for our fundraisers)
- Landscaping services
- Bulk fair trade coffee
- Bulk fair trade tea
- Licensed venues (for Rock the Doc socials)