Kartemquin is funded nationally by a broad base of corporations, foundations and government sources. Our operation would not be sustainable without the generosity of our donors. Here is a partial list of our donors.
- Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
- The Chicago Community Trust
- City of Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs IncentOvate Grant
- Ebert Foundation
- The Elizabeth Morse Charitable Trust
- Horizon Pharma
- John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation Chicago Committment
- The National Endowment for the Arts
- The Reva & David Logan Foundation
- The Sage Foundation
- The Virginia Wellington Cabot Foundation
- Voqal Fund
Kartemquin's work would also not be possible without support from our broad base of individuals that make up our KTQ community. Here is a list of all of our current KTQ Members and their level of giving:
- Changemakers: Edgar Bachrach; Leslie Buchbinder; Richard Colburn and the Negaunee Foundation; Melissa Sage Fadim; Susan Morrison; Kenneth O'Keefe; Jason Stephens
- Champions of Craft: Peter and Lucy Ascoli Family Fund at the Chicago Community Foundation; Patricia Aufderheide; Yvonne Afable; Eric Conley; Ryan Degraffenreid; Fenell Doremus; Chaz Ebert; Stuart Fagan; Adrianne Furniss; James G. Hart Foundation; Bradley Henderson; Cheryl Mendelson; Clark Pellett; The Pritzker Pucker Family Foundation; Laura Poitras; Elspeth Revere; Judith Rhinestine; Neal Robin; Ellen Rudnick; Adam Singer; Gail Waller; Steve Whisnant
- Community Builders: Jennifer Baryl; Kay Berkson; Caty Borum Chattoo; Andrew Davis; Jason Domanski and 1871 Chicago; Maria Finitzo; Pat O'Connor; Anne and Tony Ruzicka; Gordon Quinn; Bettylu and Paul Saltzman; Jerry Temaner; Nick Wall
- Friends of KTQ: David Alexander; Danny Alpert; Pamela Sherrod Anderson; Susan Baker; Ann Baker Riker; Bernadine Baines; Philip Berman; Marietta Bowman; Janice Carlisle; Rosemary Caruk; Judy and Bill Cottle; Vera Davis; Ira Deutchman; Thea Flaum; Meredith George; Elizabeth Gifford; Peter Gilbert; Robert Gordon; Lynn Hanessian; Richard and Edna Harrison; Emily Hart; Erica Hartman-Horvitz; Christie Hefner; John Iltis; Kevin Jackson; Noah Temaner Jenkins; Clarissa King; Barbara Kirschner; Naomi Kistin; Karen Klutznick; Lance Kramer; Erika Leaf; Ruth Leitman; Patricia Lydon; David Marienthal; Betsy Martens; Brent McDonald; Beth McDowell; Rondell Merrill; Leah Mayers; Anne Morse; Mary Morrissette; Virginia Mortensen; Patty Offer; Chad Owen; Heather Parish; Mary Patrick; Diane Quon; Liz Reeves; Amalie Rothschild; Lisa Schenkman; Garrett Schlosser; Rupa Shah; Diane Simpson; David Sperling; Jeff Spitz; Susie Steinberg; Melissa Sterne; Alida Szabo; Beth Ryan; Chris Tanz; Max Whisnant; Lisa Young
- KTQ Members: Beth Asaf; Karen Babine; Jan and Donald Barshis; Robin Blauvelt; Joel Carp; Sarah Chapman; Alexis Cooke; Monica Fox; Rita Hackett; Amy Halpin; Jacqueline Lapuck; Mya Magleby; Layne McGinn; Sandi Mendelson; Justine Nagan; Phyllis Rabineau; Eva-Maria Seeto; Jan Sutcliffe; Andrew Suprenant; Pat Taylor; Risè Sanders-Weir
Contact Joanna Lakatos at email@example.com | 773.472.4366 for more information about how your company can join our distinguished family of Kartemquin Supporters.
Interested in becoming a KTQ Member? Join today! Contact Max Asaf at firstname.lastname@example.org | 773.472.4366 if you have any additional questions about the membership or your benefits.
The support of our members allows us to continue nurturing filmmakers and supporing the crucial films they make. As a thank you for your generosity, you will receive the following benefits at various levels of giving.
- $50 KTQ Member
- Behind the scenes newsletter
- Listing in our website & Anual Report
- 50% Yearly Discount at KTQ Store
- $100 Friend of KTQ
- All benefits of KTQ Member level plus:
- Year-long Streaming Access to KTQ Films Library
- Exclusive Previews and Events
- $500 Community Builder
- All benefits of Friend of KTQ level plus:
- 1 Ticket to 1 KTQ Chicago Theatrical Premiere
- Surprise Gifts
- $1,000 Champion of Craft
- All benefits of Community Builder level plus:
- 2 Tickets to 1 KTQ Chicago Theatrical Premiere
- Invites to select KTQ Labs
- $5,000 Changemaker
- All benefits of Champion of Craft level plus:
- 2 Tickets to all KTQ Chicago Theatrical Premieres
- Lunch with KTQ leadership and tour of KTQ
What you'll be supporting
Your generous donation helps support our operations and programs such as:
- Filmmaker support program: Help emerging and established filmmakers conceive, create, and share their new projects.
- Diverse Voices in Docs: Help us mentor emerging filmmakers of color.
- KTQ Labs> Free feedback screenings & consulting for in-progress documentaries.
- KTQ Internship Training the next generation of social issue filmmakers.
- KTQ Archive Preserve & conserve over 50 years of Chicago and film history.
- Media Advocacy Ensure a vibrant and diverse independent public media.
- KTQ in the Classroom Provide resources to inspire youth activism & creativity.
With a noted tradition of nurturing emerging talent and acting as a leading voice for independent media, Kartemquin is building on more than 50 years of history as Chicago’s documentary powerhouse.
Kartemquin is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. Guidestar
© 2018 Kartemquin Educational Films
Sign up for the Kartemquin newsletter
Get film updates and special deals